If you've had the exhilarating experience of witnessing the majestic Niagara Falls, the excitement doesn't need to stop there. Located just an hour and a half drive away, is Toronto, Canada's biggest city and a hotspot of culture, entertainment, and unparalleled sights. From catching a breathtaking view from the top of the CN Tower to exploring the thriving local food scene, here's your guide to experiencing Toronto after your visit to Niagara Falls.
1. CN Tower: Begin your exploration in Toronto with the CN Tower, one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. It stands at a massive 1,815 feet tall and offers visitors a stunning panoramic view of the city and Lake Ontario from its LookOut Level, which is accessible to visitors. For adrenaline junkies, try the EdgeWalk, where you can walk outside around the circumference of the tower.
2. Royal Ontario Museum: Next, take a trip through history at the Royal Ontario Museum, home to over six million artifacts. The museum offers a wide range of collections, from natural history and world cultures to contemporary exhibits.
3. Art Gallery of Ontario: If you appreciate art, you can't miss the Art Gallery of Ontario, which houses over 80,000 works of art dating back to the first century.
4. Distillery District: When you've had your fill of museums, head over to the Distillery District. Here, you'll find stunning Victorian-era architecture filled with cafes, restaurants, unique boutiques, and galleries. It's also a hot spot for theatre, with various live performances happening regularly.
5. Food Scene: No visit to Toronto would be complete without immersing in its incredible food scene. The city offers everything from high-end dining to vibrant food markets. Visit the Kensington Market and St. Lawrence Market to try international cuisines, locally-sourced artisanal cheese, and fresh produce.
6. Harbourfront Centre: Take some time to enjoy Toronto's waterfront at the Harbourfront Centre. It's an innovative hub of cultural and recreational activities, including concerts, festivals, dance performances, and food fairs.
7. Toronto Islands: Finally, for some peace away from the hustle and bustle of the city, take a ferry ride to the Toronto Islands. You can relax on the beaches, rent a bike, or enjoy a picnic while admiring the stunning view of Toronto’s skyline.
Remember, this list only scratches the surface of all the wonderful things Toronto has to offer. So, pack your bags, leave the magnificence of Niagara Falls behind, and get ready to immerse yourself in the lively vibe of Toronto!