Often people who visit Niagara Falls get lost in the stunning natural beauty of the waterfall, enjoying traditional activities such as the famous Maid of the Mist boat ride, Journey Behind the Falls, or Clifton Hill. However, Niagara Falls is full of unconventional adventures that make your visit exciting and unique. Let's explore these top unconventional things to do in Niagara Falls, CANADA:
1. Experience Wine Tasting in the Region: Known for producing some of the finest Ice Wine in the world, a visit to one of Niagara's beautiful wineries shouldn't be missed. Try award-winning wines at popular estates such as the Peller Estates or Inniskillin, many of which offer tours, tastings, and wine pairing dinners.
2. Join the Haunt Walks: Dare to get your spine tingling with ghost stories in Canada's most haunted town. The Ghost Walks introduce visitors to the eerie past of the town, sharing intriguing tales of past residents, some who may still be around!
3. Fly Above Niagara: Break free from traditional viewing spots and take a helicopter ride over Niagara Falls. You will enjoy a panoramic view of the waterfalls and have the chance to capture some unforgettable photographs.
4. Cycle the Niagara Parkway: Explore the region by cycling along the 56-kilometre Niagara Parkway, enjoying breathtaking scenery as you travel. If you love cycling, this is an activity you cannot afford to miss.
5. Zipline to the Falls: Thrill-seekers can try Ziplining at WildPlay’s MistRider Zipline to the Falls, gliding 2200 feet across Niagara Gorge while having a direct view of both the Canadian Horseshoe and American Falls.
6. Explore the Butterfly Conservatory: Housing over 2000 exotic butterflies of the world in a lush, tropical environment, the Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory offers an enchanting, unconventional experience in Niagara Falls.
7. Night Moves: Experience the illuminations of the Falls after dark, as multi-colored lights and fireworks (on certain days) create a visual feast that gives the Falls an otherworldly feel.
8. Art Lovers Rejoice: Visit the RiverBrink Art Museum to appreciate an impressive collection of Canadian historical and contemporary art, along with international pieces.
9. Wander in the Whirlpool Aero Car: Designed by Spanish engineer Leonardo Torres Quevedo, this antique cable car offers you a jaw-dropping view of the swirling Niagara Whirlpool below.
10. Try Indoor Skydiving: If you're a thrill-seeker, head to Niagara Freefall and Interactive Centre for an exhilarating experience of indoor skydiving.
Exploring these unconventional activities, your trip to Niagara Falls is guaranteed to be exciting and unforgettable. So next time you plan to visit, keep these hidden gems in mind to experience Niagara Falls in a new light.