Niagara Falls, located between the international borders of the United States and Canada, has always been a significant attraction for travelers worldwide. As you take a trip around this iconic site, there are few breathtaking spots that you can literally stand inches away from the falls. Here, we have outlined some locations from where you can experience the captivating sight from up close.
1. Prospect Point at Niagara Falls State Park (USA): To see Niagara Falls in all its glory, you cannot miss visiting Prospect Point at Niagara Falls State Park. Stand inches away from the rushing water before it cascades over the American Falls. In the same area, you can walk onto the Prospect Point Observation Tower which gives you a panoramic view of all the three waterfalls – the American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and Horseshoe Falls. In the backdrop of cascading water, get your perfect picture moment as you enjoy this marvel of nature.
2. Terrapin Point at Niagara Falls State Park on Goat Island (USA): As you walk closer to Terrapin Point it becomes apparent that you’re about to see and experience something special. Standing there you will take in the thunderous roar of water spilling onto the rocky pool below. Once there, you will have a front row seat to the power of the falls as water is driven into the lower Niagara River.
3. Luna Island at Niagara Falls State Park on Goat Island (USA): Nestled amidst the mesmerizing water spectacle that is the Niagara Falls, Luna Island is a little oasis that offers a remarkable experience to all its visitors. Whether you're a first-time tourist or a seasoned traveler, the charms of Luna Island never cease to amaze.
4. Cave of the Winds (USA): Walking on wooden walkways in Cave of the Winds will allow you to stand close enough to feel the rush of water and its powerful vibrations. When the Falls hit the decks, be ready to get soaked In fact, you can actually stand directly underneath the Bridal Veil Falls on the 'Hurricane Deck'! No words can truly encapsulate the electrifying feeling you get standing so close to such raw, majestic power.
5. Maid of The Mist (USA): Climb aboard the legendary Maid of The Mist to get a jaw-dropping view of the Falls from below. This historical boat ride sails from the American side of the Falls into the basin of Horseshoe Falls, giving passengers an experience like none other.
6. Niagara City Cruises (CANADA - formerly Hornblower Niagara Cruises): In the heart of the Niagara Great Gorge, you'll journey past the American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls and into the very heart of the famous Horseshoe Falls. The thrilling boat ride aboard Hornblower Niagara Cruises gets you as close as possible to the breathtaking flow of water, power and mist.
7. Horseshoe Falls Overview (CANADA): Visit the most popular location for photos, videos and selfies on the Canadian side of the border. As you stand inches away from the Horseshoe Falls as it flows over the edge, it might even give you a feeling of being 'too close'!
8. Journey Behind the Falls (CANADA): On the Canadian side of Niagara falls you will find this amazing year-round attraction that offers one of the most unique views of the Falls from both below and behind.
Whichever location you choose (you could even visit them all), there's nothing that can diminish the jaw-dropping majesty of Niagara Falls as you stand just inches away. Just the sheer volume and raw power of the water cascading down from great heights is a sight to behold and one that you should not miss when visiting this international wonder.