Parents James and Megan, along with three young children Jack, Luna and Charlie, find themselves without a home and no belongings after a devastating house fire.
On December 6, 2023 at 0822 hours, Niagara County Emergency Communications received a call over the radio from an Assistant Fire Chief from Wilson Fire Co., reporting a working residential structure fire, located at 411 Lake Street in the Village of Wilson. Upon patrols arrival they reported that smoke and flames were coming from the residence. Fortunately, the family was not home at the time.
Responding volunteer fire company units were able to extinguish the fire. One dog was pulled out of the residence. However, one cat is still unaccounted for. An investigation into the fire is being conducted by the Niagara County Origin and Cause team. No damage estimate available at this time, but the house is a total loss.
The house first took everything except for the clothes on their back. The fire could not have come at a worse time for this family with the holidays around the corner. Questions of how the parents will afford to buy presents a second time, or by the children how Santa will find them now, are filling their minds. Both parents work at local Niagara County restaurant Brookside and are valued members of the community. They need our help now more than ever.
If you would like to donate, please do so by clicking this link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/c2tpyp-family-in-need-after-devastating-house-fire?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer
If you would like to send items for the children or family as a whole, they can be dropped off at Brookside Restaurant in Newfane, NY (2990 Lockport Olcott Road, Newfane NY 14108).